A Foraged Wedding Boutonniere


Hey, there! Are you enjoying wonderful weather like we are here in Massachusetts?  I spent last weekend at the beach on Cape Cod and you would have thought it was still August.  It was great!  I hope you all had a good weekend, as well!

Now it is back to real life and new inspiration. I was walking around my garden the other day and I discovered this pod-shaped flower attached to one of the wildflowers hanging around my garden.  It used to have a little white flower on the stem but, now it has turned into this pod.  I saw it and thought  that it would look great in a boutonniere...a foraged one, at that!

From that point on I was determined to discover other foraged finds in my yard and garden.


Here are some of the beauties I found:


                                                Gaillardia↑



                                     Dusty Miller ↑



                               Wild Fern↑


Unfortunately, I do not know the names of most of these plants but that is some of the charm of foraging.

Since I was making a lonely boutonniere, I could fit everything I found in a little cup.




This is how the boutonniere came out ↓

It is always fun for me to experiment and this time of year I seem to really love what happens to be available to me in nature.  I find myself intrigued by the various grasses and such that are out there.


I forgot to mention that I did steal a very small hydrangea blossom off of one of my late blooming hydrangea shrubs.  It is still foraged, just not in the woods :).


I kind of love the ribbon I found, also.


In the next two photos you can see the foraged materials more closely.  I really like the fern that had turned almost white in one part of the yard.  I don't know if it changed to that color because of the drought we are experiencing or if it does that every year.  I never noticed it before.



I wish I had had more time to make another boutonniere or two.  I liked this one that much!


I hope you are inspired to do some foraging of your own.  If you find enough material, you can easily make a beautiful bouquet with what you find.



Happy Exploring!!!

Sharing at these link parties:
Silver Pennies SundaysInspire Me Mondaycreate-with-joyTuesday Turn About


Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment