All Kinds of October Inspiration



Hi Everyone! It has been a weird week for me and my family.  I was going to tell you the tales-of-whoa I have been experiencing trying to get my mother out of the nursing home she has been somewhat imprisoned in since the coronavirus outbreak and moving her into an assisted living facility where she would have more freedom and a better quality of life. I have decided not to share with you all of the details. Suffice to say, the last week and a half have been difficult for my brother and myself but, we are finally achieving that goal.  For any of you who have been through this process you know it is emotionally and physically exhausting.  I am hoping my mom is on to a new adventure in her life.


You might be asking, "What does all of this have to do with October inspiration?"  Nothing really.  My story only explains why I am using photos from previous fall seasons to share with you today.  Many of these are ones you have never seen before.  Some are from previous posts but, ones I especially was proud of at the time and would like to share again.  The above photo was of a tablescape involving a trio of flower arrangements using fall colors in repetition. I think the seeded eucalyptus sets the fall colors off nicely.


This front door design is very easy to achieve.  You simply purchase the elements of fall, i.e. pumpkins, Indian corn, mums from your local farm stand and arrange them in an eye appealing way and you are done!


This fall inspiration ↑ came from my daughter who is the accomplished decorated cookie designer in the family. She made my husband and I these cookies and I added the flowers for the picture :).  Brittany is on Instagram as bristlesandtwine if you would like to check out her other work.


This was a centerpiece that I made for my family room coffee table.  I think I used left-over flowers from another project but, I liked all the colors together.


This ↑ was my sad attempt at creating a scary sign for Halloween made out of carved pumpkins.  My "B" was less than impressive.  Boo!


This was a wedding centerpiece I did for an October wedding.  I absolutely loved the colors and the flowers.  Juliet roses are incredible and burgundy dahlias are something else...not to me peach and burgundy hypericum berries...very fallish!
If you would like to see the flower story of this wedding you may see it here.


Something else that is very much for fall is unusually shaped and colored pumpkins and gourds that can be displayed at this time of year.  I really like the blue one!


Experimenting with wreath making is especially rewarding in the fall.  The colors and textures are unequalled in my opinion.


Here is another bouquet that incorporates some of the shades of fall.  The scabiosa pods and the rustic ribbon set this bouquet apart for autumn and offer a rustic feel.


And finally, I couldn't share October inspiration without sharing something to eat.  This inspiration is different from the traditional apples and buttered corn on the cob but, it is delicious, nonetheless.  I made this cake several fall seasons ago but, I have always thought it was cute.  This is my pumpkin patch cake.  If you would like to read about the process of making this cake, you can read it here, as well.

Thank you for letting me share inspiration for the fall using some of my old work.  I am working on new inspiration as we speak and hope to be sharing it with you in the near future.


Enjoy Your Day!!!



Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment