The Wedding Ceremony at Wychmere

 Today I am sharing the continued wedding story of Erin and Pat from last month which took place on Cape Cod at the Wychmere Harbor Club in Harwich.  I meant to carryon with the story weeks ago but, summer "things" must have gotten in the way 😀.  Also, I usually like to wait until the professional photos have come in before showing my wedding flowers because those photos are so much better than mine.  But, it was such a beautiful wedding and so much went into it from my point of view that I figured I would share some more of the story with you from the floral side of things.  If you would like to read about the bouquets, boutonnieres, etc., you can read about them here.  Today, it is the outdoor ceremony that I want to share with you.

This was the sign that greeted the guests as they approached the side yard of the club, which was where the outdoor ceremony would take place.


The scene was quintessential Cape Cod with shingled seaside homes and a view of the ocean, along with the grand venue building itself.  It is one of the most beautiful, if not the most beautiful, wedding venues I have had the pleasure to work at.

This welcome sign was created for Erin and Pat and was a wonderful way in which to greet their guests.  I added the floral arrangement of white and blue hydrangeas, blue delphinium, white spray roses and silver dollar eucalyptus.


Since Wychmere does not supply an arbor or any other kind of structure on the side lawn where the ceremony took place, it was the job of Erin and Pat, along with her dad and me, to create one.  Erin's dad is a wonderful woodworker and he crafted the pedestals on which the large flower arrangements would sit.

Of course, it was my job to create the larger floral arrangements.  Transporting these babies and getting the pedestals and everything in place was quite a task.  Thankfully, my husband was there to help and man did we need him!  These things do not happen with a snap of the fingers, unfortunately.


The large pedestal arrangements were created with the same flowers as the bride's bouquet which were white hydrangeas, white spray rose, white standard roses, greens and the addition of white astilbe and white stock, which were not in the bride's bouquet.



The other order of business for me was to create a palatial aisle lined with what we called hydrangea hedge arrangements.  There were 26 of these hedge arrangements, 13 on each side, that created the two rows.  In the middle of the hedge arrangements we threw down a carpet of white rose petals.







I think the effect was absolutely lovely~



From the ceremony the guests made their way back to the cocktail hour.  This was the path they took to get there. I wish I had had time to take pics of the cocktail area.  It was so pretty and we had made little cocktail table centerpieces that added just the right touch.  Hopefully, the professional photographer captured that image for me.


Next, I will show you the gorgeous ballroom where the reception took place.

Just Stunning!

 

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment