Flower Recipe for a January Winter Arrangement

 Hey, there! We were expecting a snowstorm here last week.  So, with that in mind I decided to go out and get some flowers to play around with while I was stuck in the house.  I had plenty of greens leftover from the holiday season that seemed to still be in good shape which I planned on using as the base for my arrangement.  The creative ideas I had in my head changed as I saw what was available flower-wise around me.  This is the arrangement I came up with~


If you would like to play around with flowers, as well, here is the Flower Recipe for
 this arrangement.

I started by filling the vase with evergreen stems.  When the recipe says 5-7 bows of evergreen, 

I mean full limbs not small branches.  You will be cutting smaller pieces of evergreen from

 the large branches.  It takes quite few small stems to fill up the vessel enough to hold up the rest 

of the flowers and be used as a base.


The next flowers I placed in the vase were the hydrangeas.  Try to strategically place the 
hydrangeas around the vase.  However, do not place them too symmetrically.  Try to
 place two somewhat close together near the center to give the arrangement a focal 
point.


The next step is to mix in the pink roses all around the arrangement.


 


The final flowers to add in are the sea holly and baby's breath.  Start with the sea holly,
 adding them in where the blue color would look best and add interest. 
 
I had to be very strategic with the baby's breath because I only had three 
stems of it.  I think I would have liked to have had a few more but, since I had no
choice but to use what was at my disposal; subtlety is nice sometimes too. 


I am still enjoying this bouquet very much.  Soon I will share how I rescued two hydrangeas
 that were totally deflated and wilted.  I have learned this trick through trial and
error.



Until then, here's to finding new ways to pass our time in a fun way
 in winter!

We Were Featured!!!





Joining these Link Parties:

6 comments:

  1. Christine - your floral arrangement is SO lovely!
    CONGRATS - you are our 1st Featured Friend at this week's Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy! Happy New Year to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how wonderful!! Thank you so much!! Happy New Year to you, too :)!

      Delete
  2. What a great post! I've never seen flower arranging as a recipe and I love it - shared and following you.

    Visiting from the Friendship Friday blog hop - I'd be so honored if you shared this at our Share the Wealth party!

    https://bigfatmenopausallife.blogspot.com/2022/01/share-wealth-link-up-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all your kind words. Thank you for the invitation to your party. I will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a gorgeous arrangement Christine and I love how the pink roses really pop against the white.
    Thank you for sharing your winter flower arrangement at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring it at tonight's party and pinning too.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerryanne! I just noticed your message this morning. Over the weekend we experienced a blizzard here in the Northeast of the US and I missed your message until now. Thank you for the honor. I am overjoyed!

      Delete