A Moss Table Runner and a Spring Table Done Two Ways (Part One)

 Hi all!  I am just returning from a business trip I took with my husband to Napa Valley, California.  The plane ride was a killer but, I had a great time.  Napa is beautiful and if I had not been so jet lagged, I probably would have taken enough pictures to blog about the experience but, I really did not.  So, here I am at home and blogging about what is at home :).

This week I decided to play around with an idea I saw in an old magazine.  The idea incorporated a tablescape involving a table runner made of moss.  Since I have tons of moss in my yard, I thought I would go for it!

Here it is ↓.  The table runner was relatively easy to make but, it was quite messy, as well. Have a whisk broom ready for clean-ups. I used a gardening trowel and dug up pieces of moss out of the yard and placed them on the picnic table outside in my side yard.  Having it placed on an outside table makes for quick and easy clean-ups.

Next, it was time to shop my house to find what I could use for this springtime tablescape.

I was able to find chargers and a variety of plates.

I found gold silverware, votive candles holders and some checkered cloth napkins.

I, of course, had to purchase some flowers.  What would a table be without flowers?

In the end, everything seemed to come together.  I think the view from the side yard is lovely.


We have a view of the pond across the street, which is especially nice at this time of year, just before the leaves come out.




I also had a potted mum that I had been given for Easter.  It is still looking good, so I incorporated it in, as well.



Bringing in little touches like a rose bloom added to a napkin holder can bring an unexpected surprise to a table setting.  Here I simply tied the napkin with a piece of gold ribbon I had left over from Christmas.  It is always great to find new ways to use old things.




Please excuse that not all of the candles are lit in my photos.  It has been a very windy week and 
I could not for the life of me keep them all lit all at the same time!


It is always hit-or-miss when you go searching for flowers locally.  That can even be true when you go to the flower market but, I was pleased with these roses that I got at Wholefoods for $5.40 a bunch no less!  I think the colors worked out pretty well.



What do you think of the moss table runner?  Do you think it accents the tablescape well?  I hope so because I will be changing things up ever so slightly in Part Two of this post but, I will still be using the same table runner 😉.




I think this table and its setting would working beautifully for a Mother's Day Brunch or a bridal shower or an afternoon tea.  What do you think?  What other occasion would this tablescape work well for?  I would love to hear from you. 

 Until then~

We Were Featured!!:











**Please note I have not been compensated for writing this post.  


Joining these Link Parties:







2 comments:

  1. This tablescape is so beautiful Christine and I agree, it's pretty and perfect for a Mother's Day luncheon.
    Thank you for sharing your project at Create, Bake, Grow and Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring your gorgeous moss table runner and pretty tablescape at tonight's party and pinning too.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kerryanne! I am thrilled with the feature! Thank you :).

      Delete