A Moss Table Runner and a Spring Table Done Two Ways (Part Two)

 Hi there!  I am continuing with the show of my spring table creations today. Not wanting to waste the table runner I had created recently out of moss, I decided to use it to make a centerpiece. In Part One of this mini-mini-series, I had used it for a full-blown tablescape.  You can see that post here, if you would like.

This is what that tablescape looked like ↓.

The runner, by the way, is still going strong on the picnic table because of the abundance of rain we have been getting lately.  I am a little worried that it might do damage to the wooden picnic table, however.  I am afraid it might cause some rot and mold so; I will be removing the moss as soon I remember to do so :).

The table area is simpler in this new application.  I have used many of the same elements as I did in the first tablescape but, also incorporated a few new ones.


Again, I apologize that the candles are not lit.  It was windy both of days I was doing this project.

Somehow, I was able to keep this candle lit. Of course, the next few days afterwards were as calm as could be!


One of the new elements I introduced were fancy paper cupcake holders that I filled with tissue and speckled jellybeans.


I thought they were so pretty.  I had originally wanted to use them in an Easter tablescape but a busy April and the fact that I didn't host Easter kept me from doing that.  I think they still work for all of spring, anyway, and decided to use
 them here.


Some of the elements I reused from the first tablescape were some stump slab pieces.  I thought they worked well in this setting, too.  I also used a mercury glass votive holder again.


New elements used were gold candles in green patina candlestick holders.


I, then, dotted roses throughout the moss table runner.  As a sidenote, I mentioned in Part One that I got these roses at a really good price at a local food market.  Unfortunately, I found that you get what you pay for, and the roses did not last very long.  They only lasted a few days, with the exception of these that I cut short to place in the runner.  After the photo shoot I placed the roses in a small vase, and they lasted quite a long time.
Thankfully, the roses lasted and looked good for my purposes and if you would like to make a similar table setting like this one for an event you are hosting, feel confident that all the flowers will look lovely for the duration of your party.  Most of the time flowers are more resilient than we think.


Flower arrangements such as these are very simple to create and can be done quickly, making them a nice addition to any table.


The hardest part with these kinds of table settings, ones that are going to be outside, is the process of bringing everything outside and placing items correctly on the table.  This takes time and an eye for detail.  


Another thing, of course, to consider is the weather.  Depending on where you live, you may need to look at your local weather forecast often to make sure you will have a rain-free and enjoyable time.  You should always have an alternative spot if the weather is going south at the last minute, which is always a bummer!
I live in the Northeast.  I know :).



As I mentioned before, a table such as this would work well for a Mother's Day brunch, an afternoon tea or even a bridal shower.  If you have any other suggestions for prospective events, I would love to hear them :).



Well, this is it.  I think I am done posting about my moss table runner.  I hope you enjoyed the show and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask :).


Joining These Link Parties:

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful table Christine. I love the moss runner and the alfresco table. Elegant and rustic. A pleasure to feature your beautiful table at Love Your Creativity. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Linda! I hope you had a nice Mother's Day weekend. I am excited about being featured. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent idea to use moss as a table runner! I'll have to keep that in mind since I have moss in my backyard woods. I'd love for you to share your weekly posts at the #HomeMattersParty every Thursday 9pm EST through Monday night. Hope to see you there! Allyson @ Southern Sunflowers

    ReplyDelete