A Spring Impromptu Tablescape

 About a week and a half ago I was shopping at Wholefoods and noticed some pretty spring flowers in the floral department.  I grabbed a pre-mixed bouquet and set out for home.  When I got there, I went to work and made myself an arrangement.

I had just done a baby shower event a few days prior and had leftover greenery that I could mix in.  When it was done it was bright and cheery and it made me happy.  I felt a little bit guilty keeping it for myself but, to be honest, I wasn't sure how long the flowers would last, and the greenery was not brand new, so I didn't want to give someone an arrangement that I was not 100% sure of.  Here is how the arrangement turned out~ (Please excuse the paper towel underneath.  I had put it there to soak up some spilt water and forgot it was there when I took this photo 😞.)

For those of you who are business owners and/or bloggers, you know you are always looking for material to blog about or to post on Instagram.  I didn't want this flower arrangement to go to waste and as it has turned out, I have used it on Instagram and now my blog :).

Since this was somewhat of rush, rush exercise, the tablescape is not completely as it would have been if I had given it lots of thought.  However, I do think it is one that someone could quickly set up for having guests over for coffee or lunch.  Adding food to the table would have made it look especially nice.

The elements I used for this tablescape included:

Spring-themed plates and spring-colored napkins,

a trio of peach roses leftover from the baby shower.  They had broken off at the heads as I took them out of their packaging so this was really the only way I could use them.

Other elements included sprigs of the leatherleaf greenery I still had plenty of,

 gold flatware, gray chargers and...

 the flowers themselves, of course.

The stackable white trays and pampas grass were presents I had recently received.

The look is unconventional but, I like to play around with ideas if no one is watching and if it is pretty much for practice and for fun.  I am always learning as I go.

One of the interesting things I learned in this process was that for some reason, the flowers in the arrangement started turning almost silvery in color, almost immediately.  I don't know if it was because I used chicken wire instead of oasis to arrange the flowers or because I had used the wire one other time before or if the flowers were older than I thought.  I am not sure but, I have been trying to use wire as an earth-friendly practice lately.  However, I am wondering if it is not supposed to be used more than once or if I should only use plastic-coated chicken wire in the future. Somehow, that seems to defeat the earth-friendly purpose of the whole thing.  *If any of you floral designers have had this happen to you or know the answer to this, I would love to hear from you.

It was a shame because I really thought the arrangement was pretty.


At the very least, it was fun taking out my spring things and ushering in a new season of ideas.  Now it is time to look for things for Easter~


~Please note that I have not been compensated in any way for writing this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own and for the benefit of my readers.


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bouquet! I often buy flowers in Trader Joes or Costco and they last well. I can see you are a talented flower arranger from other posts on your blog. Flowers certainly brighten a home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Pat. I have always had luck with Wholefoods flowers too. I am really suspicious of the chicken wire but, it might have been a coincidence :). Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete