The Wedding of Brigit and James Continued

Today I am continuing the story of the wedding of Brigit and James through the professional photographs of that day.  The photographer was Alisha Maria Photography

 I met Brigit through her now mother-in-law, Lauren.  Lauren is a good friend of my friend, Carolyn.  Through Carolyn I came to be acquainted with Lauren and within a short time, we have become friends, as well.  Brigit and James were to be married at a church in Westford and the reception was to be held at the Barn at Gibbet Hill in Groton, MA, right down the street from where I lived and where my studio was.  (I have since moved from Groton, but it was a wonderful way to end my tenor there.)  Lauren asked me to do the flowers for the wedding and I was thrilled.  I met with Brigit, and we made a connection right away.  I loved her vision, and I was happy to be a part of making it happen.  Today you will see some of the photos from the reception venue.  If you would like to see the ceremony part of the wedding, you can see it here in my last post.

Now on to the reception:

For my part, I was to create tall centerpieces for the tables on the first floor.  The flowers were lovely, and the colors were in keeping with Brigit's vision.

 

The long Head Table was adorned with an Italian Ruscus free flowing  

garland, infused with baby's breath, running down the 

middle of the table~

It looked lovely with all the stemware and dinnerware~


Up on the second floor were two side balconies. The lantern centerpieces were enhanced with free-flowing flowers.
 (I apologize for this photo.  It was taken by me with a cellphone and in a hurry.)  Ooops on the candle placement.  I didn't put it there but, I should have noticed it and fixed it.  Hopefully, someone came along and noticed.



Even the family pet was represented.  So cute!  And so common these days :).

Next, it was time for the festivities!


Enter the bride and groom~


The first dance





Sharing memories of loved ones~


The cart was supplied by The Barn., a rustic and nice touch.



The cutting of the cake



The cake was created by Dolce Amar, also of Groton.  Rafaella, the owner and baker, and I have worked together on weddings in the past, as well.  She has a wonderful bakery in town.


Spending time with friends. 

 I had to share this photo because my friend, Carolyn, is in it.  Carolyn has been the greatest advocate for me and my business.  I owe much to Carolyn. She is a great friend. She is on the far left. 💗 


The happy couple ↓ ~







Congratulations to Brigit and James!!!














Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment