Anatomy of a Fall Flower Arrangement

I had a busy week this week. Aren't they all, in reality?  This is why I am late in posting but, even with all the busyness of the week, I did manage to fit in a session of playing with flowers. I wanted to share the results with you today and give you the information so you will have it in order to create such an arrangement on your own.

With a combination of flowers from Trader Joe's and materials from my yard I was able to create this fall-inspired arrangement below.  I love fall colors, don't you?  Fall weddings were my favorite weddings to do because of the colors and flowers available at that time of the year.  I am not doing weddings anymore but, I can still be creative with fall flowers.  (It is just without the wedding stress involved, which is nice.)

In truth, I planned to create this arrangement only to post on Instagram and did not finish off the back of it. However, I have expanded on the number of flowers I used to give you the true flower recipe to finish off the back if you try to create your own arrangement.



Here goes with the flower recipe:

3 white Hydrangeas

5 orange Proteas

5 stems of Sea Holly

3 burgundy Dahlias

2 stems of fall grass/berries from Trader Joes 
(Sorry, I didn't take note of the name.)

1 bunch of seeded Eucalyptus from Trader Joes

Miscellaneous greens from the yard 


So, to start I went to Trader Joes and picked up the hydrangea, protea, sea holly, grasses/berries and eucalyptus.  I came home and picked dahlias from my garden and cut filler greens from bushes around the yard.  I forgot to label the yellow berries in the photo above, but they came from branches of a fallen tree in the yard.  It was either a flowering cherry or apple tree, I believe.  I loved the added interest the berries gave to the arrangement.


As I said, I love the colors of fall.  They are just gorgeous!


The different textures are amazing also!




As you can see, I used 2 hydrangeas, 2 burgundy dahlias, 3 orange proteas, 3 - 3 1/2 stems of blue sea holly, 2 grass/berry stalks and the flowering cherry/apple berries in the front of the arrangement, as well as seeded eucalyptus and greens from the yard.


If I had finished the back of the arrangement, I would have used one more hydrangea, 2 more proteas, 1- 1 1/2 stems of sea holly and maybe one more dahlia.  That would have filled in the back nicely.


There you have it, my fall-inspired flower arrangement.

Happy Saturday, all!!!


Please note:  I have not been compensated for writing this post in any way.

Sharing at these Link Parties:

Dare to Share 

Inspire Me Monday

Turn About Tuesday

Thursday Favorite Things

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment