Touches of Fall Around the House

 Hey there!  I know it has been a long time since I lasted posted.  It has been somewhat of a rough month for me health wise. As I mentioned in my last post, I had come down with Covid over Labor Day weekend and I never really fully recovered before then catching a cold. The whole thing knocked me for a loop, and I wasn't able to get back into the swing of life until now. I still have a lingering cough but, I do feel much better.  And, on top of all this, I have been having computer issues!  So again, I apologize for being absent last month but, I hope you understand.

So, somehow in between coughing bouts and sneezing I have slowly been able to add fall accents around the house.  I thought I would share some of them with you today.  


Why don't we start in the kitchen?

  I added fall silks to some of the containers on the shelves. 

I also added a centerpiece of silk marigolds in a white pot on my kitchen table. I feel the marigolds look almost life like.


I found the marigolds at JoAnn Fabrics.


I was especially happy that I was able create an arrangement in the brick alcove of the kitchen that coordinated well with this painting that I inherited from my mom's house.  Winter, spring and summer did not match as well as fall has with this painting.  





Next, I wanted to revisit the sitting room with you.  You can see my original post on the sitting room here if you would like. I changed out the old brass chandelier that I was somewhat alright with for this antler one. I fell in love with the idea one day while browsing on Amazon.  It was quite a trick putting it together, but my husband is very handy, and he got it done.


I added this blanket ladder as well.


We hung up the painting by my daughter Brittany to make it look more official in the room and put some fall accents on the mantle.  


I threw some dried and silk materials into the vase on the sideboard just to add some color on that side of the room.


I purchased this wreath a few weeks ago.  I can't remember from where, but I added the bow to include some blue on the wreath.  The kitchen (this wreath is in the kitchen) is painted blue and I wanted there to be some sort of continuity of color while using the rust wreath.


Just a touch of fall added here.  This vignette is in the family room.  I hope to show more photos of
 that room soon.


Now onto the dining room, my nemesis!

I really do want to gut this room and start over.  It isn't my style and I consider it old-fashioned but, literally, everyone who visits me loves this room!  So, while the home projects are getting done slower than I had hoped, I am going to join them if I can't beat them and lightly decorate this room for the time being :).

I found this large pumpkin at HomeGoods and fell in love with it.


I already had the embellishments for around the pumpkin in my stash of stuff which was great!


I can't seem to resist adding sparkle even to a colonial styled home.


I purchased a round mirror to be placed where the wreath is but, hubby hasn't gotten around to hanging it up yet.  The poor guy, I keep him busy.


Some more touches of fall around the dining room.  Still trying to work with the wallpaper and continue the fall theme.





I kept the table somewhat simple.



And, of course, do not forget to add accents to the outside of your home, as well.







I am a little late but Happy Fall Everyone!

Joining these Link Parties:

Please note that Designs and Events has not been compensated in any way for writing this post.  Just sharing information.

2 comments: