My After Christmas Christmas Tour 2023, Part One

Merry After Christmas! I am sorry to keep doing this to you folks but, try as I might I often times cannot find the moments to blog during the Christmas season.  So, so sorry!  Therefore, before this moment has passed completely, I would like to share with you this year's version of My After Christmas Christmas Tour.  To make matters worse I am going to have to do this in two parts. I had too many photographs to fit into one post! 

This is part one, my Family Room.


With three married children, eight grandchildren, a mom in assisted-living who lives two hours away, friends and other family members who I wanted to see, I had all I could do to make sure Christmas happened on time and with the correct amount of care needed. I hope you will forgive me again for posting my home tour after the fact.  I promise to try better next year.
The photo above is the view of our family from the couch as it looks out to the fireplace and the tv.  We spend most of our leisure time here.

Because of space concerns the Christmas tree had to be placed behind the couch in front of the window that faces the street. I think it fit well there and it was lovely having the fresh tree in the room that we use the most.  In our old home the fresh tree sat in the living room because of the woodstove in the family room.


You can see this view better from the photo below.  The family room has been very
 cozy 
to snuggle into at night.


I was able to use many of my old ornaments on the tree but, to be truthful this home does not accommodate as large a tree as we used to buy.  This is ok because we had gotten to the point where decorating a huge tree was getting tiresome.  It is just my husband and myself now, so a smaller tree is fine with us :). 



I am continuing to enjoy filling the hutch with my dad's Christmas dishes and other Christmas things, as I have always done.


This reindeer stocking found a new home this year... hanging from the hutch.


On the other side of the room is the fireplace and mantle which I thoroughly enjoyed decorating.


I loved all the flowers and berries and glittery things in this container.


I loved the twinkle lights, garland, candles and white mini houses on the mantle.



I loved these new stocking holders too.  I never had a mantle(s) before.
Didn't need the holder before!


I have also enjoyed the accessories in the room.  This one ↓ is an old mirror I have had 
in storage for years.  It was also my dad's, and I never could find a place for it in my 
old home.  I finally found a place here.


This mirror is a new purchase and I love the reflection it gives.



I truly hope you had a very Merry Christmas and I will do my best to get Part Two of this post
 out
 to you all as soon as possible.



Sharing at these Link Parties:
Thank you to their hosts.  They are the best!


Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment