My Christmas Sitting Room

 Hi!  How are things going for you?  As I have said, the last several weeks have been filled with decorating for Christmas.  I am finally here to share some of the rooms of my house with you.  It has been a struggle due to busyness and computer problems!   Always something, right?

I have also mentioned that when we moved into our new house late last December, my goal was to make the dining room into a sitting room and the living room into the dining room.  The sitting room is all done but I have a long way to go with the dining room.  I gleefully transformed the sitting room for Christmas and here it is!

The buffet in the corner is from my grandmother and grandfather's house.  It is wobbly and in need of some restoration but, I love it anyway.  It is filled with glassware and some Christmas knick-knacks.


On one wall of the room is one of the four fireplaces in the home.  Ashamedly, we have not burned one fire yet, but I love having all the mantles to decorate anyway.


I collected this Lenox stoneware a long time ago.  The colors fit exactly with the decor in the room.


Decorating for Christmas has been especially hard since last year we moved in too late to decorate for the holidays.  This year it was like unpacking all over again.  We had placed all the Christmas boxes in the attic, and it wasn't until November that I opened even one of them.  It took weeks to find everything!


But slowly I did.  Everything I used here were things I owned except for the garland.


We changed out the chandelier a few months ago to go along with the theme of the room.
I kind of love it.


The hearths are fun to decorate also.


Touches in the room included...


Votives along with pinecone and Christmas ornament filled bowls.


Decorated wall decor


Window Adornments


And hanging wreaths.


The sitting room is where the Nativity now has its home.


It is always nice to have a quiet place to sit to read a book or have a cup of coffee.
 (Or in my case a glass of diet Coke :)



I hope you are enjoying this wonderful season!

I am not sure what I will share next, but I hope it will be something you will like!

Joining these Link Parties:

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment