Valentine Rice Krispie Hearts

 

Hey, it's finally February!!!  It seemed that January was a very long month for me.  How about you?  Anyway, the heart month is here and as usual I like to do something Valentiny in February.  Today I am sharing Rice Krispie Hearts.  I will confess these are not my original idea.  They are all over Pinterest but, I thought I would try two versions and see how they came out.

So, off I went to the grocery store and picked up a box of Rice Krispies!


I will tell you that I did not follow the trademark recipe to the enth degree.  I added in vanilla and more butter as the Pinterest recipes instructed.  I also held out a cup of mini marshmallows to add into the "batter", as the same recipes suggested.  I poured the mixture into a 9X13 pan lined with wax paper.  So easy to lift the mixture out!


Next, I cut big and little hearts from the slab of Rice Krispies.


The plan was to make pink hearts with white chocolate and brown hearts with dark chocolate.


The dark chocolate ones were adorned with sprinkles and other candy embellishments.  For the pink ones I drizzled white chocolate over the pink chocolate (pink food coloring was added to make the white chocolate pink.)  I did not do a good job with the drizzle.  Using a plastic bag with a cut end did not work out at all.  I would find something better to administer the drizzle with the next time around.  I will ask my daughter, the cookie maker, for a suggestion :).



Even with my blunders, I thought they came out kind of cute!


They were fun to make, as well!  And, pretty easy!


The little hearts are cute too :).


I will admit that, if I were to make these again, which I probably will, I would use a slightly smaller heart cookie cutter.  I actually found one in my stash that I wish I had used.  It would have been the perfect size.


The hearts make a pretty presentation.  This is a fun idea for Valentine's Day~


In the end, I had just enough to give to my grand kiddos.  I already have a favorable review from one of them!


Enjoy!!!

and

Happy February!!!

Joining these Link Parties:

2 comments:

  1. This is super cute and perfect for a treat and can be used with so many different shapes. I visited you via The Shabby Art Boutique: Create, Bake, Grow & Gather Party #608
    My links: Meze Falafel Bowl and Custard Vanilla Sponge Cake
    We will be so happy if you share your links with us at SeniorSalonPitStop. Link under BLOGGING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for popping in and sharing at SSPS 295. Love this. See you next week again.

    ReplyDelete