A Floral Arrangement Contest: Which one do you like best?

 

This happens often to me when I decide I am going to make a floral arrangement on the somewhat larger side.  Most of the time after making it, I have leftover flowers and end up making a smaller arrangement, as well.  Often times, I like the smaller arrangement better.  I am not sure why.  This happened to me a few days ago when I set out to make this arrangement.

    The Larger Arrangement



                    The Smaller Arrangement


Here are the elements of the larger arrangement:

                        Both arrangements included white roses, blue sea holly, pink hypericum berries, white 
                        waxflower and flowy evergreens.  The larger arrangement, of course, used more of 
                        these elements.



For the larger arrangement I used a tin tall bucket for the vase.  I tied a white and black striped ribbon around it to add some decoration to the bucket.


Even though the same flowers were used, the larger arrangement had a very different look from the smaller one.


The smaller arrangement was made in a bubble shaped pink glass vase.


The sea holly that was left over after making the large arrangement seemed brighter and darker than the stems already used.
I don't know if it was the vase that made it look this way or that these stems were actually darker and brighter.  You get what you get when it comes to flowers and sometimes, they can vary greatly from one batch or one stem to the another.


I thought this was a cute and quaint little arrangement.


When I was done creating the arrangements, I decided to post the two photos on social media and ask my followers to weigh in.  Which one did they like best?

It was close but, the larger one won.  That turn of events made me appreciate the larger one more than I had earlier. Haha! 



Both arrangements found suitable places in my home so, I am enjoying them both!

If you would like to weigh in, as well, I would love it!
Which one do you like best?

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment