An Easter Pop-Up, Bird Nest Cupcakes and More!

 Hi there!  I hope you all had a nice holiday weekend and if you celebrate Easter, I hope you had a nice Easter, as well.  I had planned on showing you my kitchen with all the new appliances we purchased and cosmetic fixes we made, but the weather is not cooperating this week and I am having a hard time getting nice photos of the room thus far.  Soooo I thought instead of that, I would share my "adventures" of this past week.  It is rare in my life when I have the opportunity to express my creativity in many different ways in such a short period of time.  Therefore, I hope you don't mind as I show you some of the results.



  I told you a few weeks ago that I was working on bringing back my Pick-Me-Up Arrangements. You can see that post here if you would like. My desire was to sell them at a pop-up shop nearby.  I wanted to dip my toe back into the commercial world of floral design again after leaving it, officially, over a year ago.  I am not doing weddings anymore and wanted to see if there could be some way that I could still make floral arrangements, etc. but do it at a much easier and less stressful pace.  As it turned out, everything went very well.  Brittany of Bristles & Twine (full disclosure, my daughter) allowed me to piggyback onto her pop-up for Easter.  Thankfully, I sold all of the arrangements I had made and really enjoyed myself while doing it.  We will see where this goes but, the whole exercise was an encouraging thing for me, something I occasionally need.

Here is a sampling of the arrangements I made~










I delivered some of the flowers to the Pop-Up on Friday, which was an awful weather day.  That day turned out to be for pick-ups only.  I apologize for the rough photo below.  This was taken on Saturday, and we were fighting strong winds at that point.  Not much time for photos, unfortunately.  The bags are filled with Brittany's cookies.  These were pre-orders.


Many people purchased Bristle &Twine cookies together with Mitchell & Company flowers, which was a great combo to bring to someone as a hostess gift.


Again, I apologize for the photo.  Bristles & Twine cookies are adorable as well as delicious!  I wish you could see them better here.


Before I put this part of the weekend to bed, I did want to show you that I included one of the arrangements in an Easter vignette photo I planned to use for my Easter Instagram post.  I chose a photo of the grand kids and posted it on my personal Facebook instead.



One of my last acts of creativity for the weekend was to make these ice-cream cone bird nest cupcakes. I brought them to my daughter Amanda's house for Easter.  I thought they came out so cute!


They were a blast to make but they were a blister to transport.  I think Pillsbury should warn you about that or, maybe, Amazon could come up with a cool traveling case for them.  Haha!  I should have put my husband on that.  He would have come up with something for me, I'm sure.  Next time I will ask him well in advance :). You can find the recipe here if you would like to try your hand at them.



Of course, like perhaps some of you, I also needed to run out and get Easter candy, to fill up Easter baskets and Easter plastic eggs and to find something to wear to church.


It was busy but, all-in-all it was a great weekend with plenty of time for family and the holiday.  

It was great!  I hope yours was too!

Joining these Link Parties:



**Please note that I have not been compensated for writing this post.



Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment