I am finally back and wanting to share a fun tablescape with you today! I recently realized that I missed doing tablescapes and thought fall is the perfect time to be creative and do one. There is so much foraging material around in the garden and the yard that it makes the task easy.
My true inspiration for this tablescape came from my one-and-only cherry tomato plant on the deck.
It is bedraggled and everything else, but when I looked at it, I knew it was the beginning and ending of a tablescape for this time of year for me anyway. (I would have included a photo of the tomato plant but, it is just too ugly to share in my opinion.) I liked the green and red tomatoes on the same vines and wanted to add them into the mix even though tomatoes are not the first thing you think of in a fall tablescape. That's why I said end of summer/early fall. I have a few days left for that to be still true :).
I had some flowers still blossoming in the garden and goldenrod in the yard to use.
I also purchased gourds, mini pumpkins and colorful squash to add into the tablescape.
I am especially proud of this cream-colored dahlia. It started blooming a few weeks ago and I have
loved looking at it in my garden and here ever since.
I also purchased some Indian corn and found a few autumn-colored candles
in the attic to use, as well.
I already owned the table runner, which is plastic and good for using in the
screened porch. The elements do not bother it as much as cloth.
This was an impromptu tablescape and I was lucky that the green outdoor table mixes well with
the elements of fall that I chose to incorporate. It contrasts well with the orange and yellow colors.
I also owned the plates I used here and the burlap I added as napkins. I always
try to use what I have first before having to go out and purchase things I don't
necessarily need.
This was the end result of my little tablescape. The table I used was definitely small. If you
try this and have a larger, wider table I would put the centerpiece running down the middle of the table
and have place settings on both sides of the centerpiece. It would look very festive and colorful.
Just what you need for fall!
You can't go wrong with fall colors, can you?
Here we are! All set for an afternoon or evening meal!
I hope you are able to experiment in your own way with foraged or purchased fall
elements in your home too!
Give it a try!!!


.png)

.jpg)
.png)



.jpg)
.jpg)




