More Fourth of July Designs


I have been away for the 4th holiday with very poor internet reception, so I wasn't able to post anything until today.  I  know the 4th of July holiday is over but, it just so happens that I decorated my side yard in red, white and blue and thought I would share my "4th of July" inspired design with you anyway.

I like to create "rooms" outside during the summer, since our summers in the Northeast are quite short.  We don't have a great amount of time to truly enjoy the outdoors as much as we'd like.  So, when the good weather is here, I like things to look pretty!
 
 I started the design with these red plastic adirdondack chairs from Lowes and then added the blue and white rug, also from Lowes.  It was a great deal!  I found the outdoor pillows at Homegoods and loved the chevron print mixed with the floral print.  The flower planters I have been creating since early summer, keeping them in the same color palette as the chairs and pillows.  The planters are featured in my previous posts, if you want to take a closer look at them.

 Next I found this red and white chevron fabric at JoAnn Fabrics for the table cloth.  I thought it was "just enough" and not too, too busy. It didn't hurt that it followed the theme of my chevron pillows, as well.  The other elements such as the flag star, red, white and blue bucket and other little metal buckets were items I had saved from last year.  I think I purchased them from The Christmas Tree Shop.
This outdoor design was done relatively inexpensively and, as you can see, has added so much to my modest deck.  I hope you are inspired to create your own outdoor room!

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment