A Post-Christmas Christmas Home Tour


It has been a wonderful week here in Groton.  My husband, Tom, has been home keeping me company as we have traveled all over Massachusetts and Connecticut visiting family members. My Christmas season was so busy this year that I was not able to post a Christmas tour of my home.  So, in my somewhat typical fashion, I am going to have a post-Christmastime post which includes Christmas elements. Last year I produced a gingerbread house village after Christmas. (You can see that here if you would like.) I think I am starting a tradition and I am OK with it because I have a hard time with letting go of Christmas 🎄.


So here we go with a post-Christmas home tour~


I guess we will start with the living room.  This is the view you have as you come through the foyer into the living room~

I had a very fat tree this year and I loved it!  



The fireplace is a major element in the room and I love to decorate it for the holidays.  The reindeer stocking is a new addition this year.





Tom and I purchased a new dining table this year.  I am soooo excited about it!  I am hoping to either paint the old dining furniture or work on getting some other pieces from the collection to match the table...but that might take a little while.  It took me years and years to get the new table so, I am not holding my breath, if you know what I mean :).


I used the cornstarch ornaments I had made during December to use as place cards.  They weren't perfect but, they were festive.






As you leave the living room you pass through a hallway.  I displayed the Christmas cards I received  in that hallway.  I found this neat string of lights that held the cards in place with lighted acrylic clothes pins at Macy's...very cool.


There are different areas all over the house where I have created Christmas vignettes.



I decorate another tree in the family room, as well.  This one is an artificial tree because there is a woodstove in that room and we use it all the time.  A real tree would never make it in that environment.


I arranged the set of Christmas dishes that were my Dad's in the hutch that Tom painted white for me last winter.  I absolutely love how bright the dishes look against the white backdrop.  It might be time to paint everything white!


Last year I shared the lighted truck on the family room coffee table. (See it here.) To be honest, that is a much cooler vignette but, "been there, done that" so, this year I am sharing some of my snowmen collection.  Every year my neighbor, Cindy, gives me another snowman to go along with the group.  It is a very fun tradition and I look forward to receiving my new snowman every year.  This year it was a snowman candle warmer.  I loved it!  The snowmen below are ones that I actually bought for myself.  They are battery-powered and will sing and dance if you want them to.


Finally, I will end with my shed.  Inside is a real tree with white and multi-colored lights.  Tom takes care of decorating the shed for me, which is awesome because I am not sure with all the other decorating I do, I would ever get to it.  I took this picture today and am just realizing now that one of the bulbs for one of the window candles is out.  Is that an indication that it is time to turn off the lights?  I truly hope not.  I am not ready yet!

Well, thank you for indulging me and allowing me to share my Christmas house tour with you even if it is a little late!


Happy New Year, All!!!

Joining these Link Parties:




6 comments:

  1. Everything looks just perfect! I know how you feel about giving the holiday home tour. It was hard to get my christmas tours up this year. This season seemed super busy. I love your new dining table, and truth be told I love the chairs too.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Christine. Happy New Year to you, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks cozy and lovely. Happy New Year & Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks lovely! Thanks so much for sharing at TFT. I would like to invite you to link up at The Christmas Tour of Homes Link party too! https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/christmas-tour-of-homes-link-party/

    Happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amber, for the invitation. I will do that :).

      Delete