The Joy of Gingerbread Houses

Hi there and welcome!  As always, it has been busy in my little sphere of the world.  We have had three birthdays in my family in the last week and, professionally, I am preparing to lead a workshop on making a holiday greens garland.  That is happening tonight so, I will soon be off to finalize those preparations.

However, over the past weekend my daughter purchased gingerbread kits for all of my grandchildren to make gingerbread houses.  It looked like so much fun that it reminded me of the gingerbread village I made last year right after Christmas.  I hadn't had time to make it during the Christmas season...looks like a trend :/.



Since it is before Christmas now, I thought it would be OK if I shared it with you again. 

 It all started with this very inexpensive kit.  I think it was $5!



It was very easy to put together, especially since I used hot glue :).



I created a whole village scene in miniature and I loved it!




When I had finished making the gingerbread village I enjoyed looking at it all through January.



I especially loved the animal cookies I found to join my tiny village and the fence I built with wafer cookies.  It was really a lot of fun to make and kind of soothing, especially after the hectic Christmas season.



But still, I wish I had time to make one right now for this holiday season.  Maybe I will go back to the same store I visited last year and see if there are any kits still available.  We'll see~








So for now, I will have to remember the joy of creating this gingerbread village and the look on my grandchildren's faces as they made their gingerbread houses this year.  Whoever came up with the idea of making mini houses out of gingerbread was a genius!!  I'll have to Google that sometime :).


If you would like to see the whole story about the "construction" of my miniature gingerbread village, you can check it out 

Until next time, my wish is that you are enjoying your holiday season thus far.  There, of course, is much more to come!

Happy Holiday Decorating!


2 comments: