Christmas Gift Wrapping

I know that I am making up for lost time but, before the moment is totally gone I wanted to talk about wrapping Christmas presents.  Even though this holiday was rushed at the end, something I truly hate, and I wasn't able to give my full attention to the wrapping of my presents, I normally thoroughly enjoy making my gifts look pretty.  I have a few examples below of the gifts I wrapped this year.  They are not my best but, they give you an idea, anyway.



First and foremost, you need to have your materials together in an easy, assessible spot.  This is primo for making the task as easy as possible.


Here are some items you will need:

Tape
Ribbons, String or Yarns
Bows
Wrapping Paper
Gift Boxes
Gift Bags
Tissue Paper
Gift Tags
Scissors


 I also like to go to Michael's or JoAnn Fabrics and grab a ton of ribbon when it goes on sale close to Christmas.  You can make all sorts of neat looking bows for your packages with an assortment of ribbons at your fingertips.



I don't have any examples for this post but, I also like to pick up some low cost plastic or fabric ornaments and add them to the presents I wrap, as well.  It is a nice extra touch and the recipient can put them on their tree next year.  Who doesn't need an extra ornament for the tree?


I look for fancy bows and interesting tags to add to the presents while I am out shopping, too!  Sometimes the tags are prettier than the wrapping paper.  The tags bring another dimension to the look of the present and are so simple to include.


This is not a terrific photo.  I covered up the gift tag :/ . However, I really liked this unusual paper and the non-conventional colors for Christmas.  My husband and daughter, Amanda, used to go biking together often in the summer...before Amanda had four children :).  It was a special time for them.  This paper made me think of them.



Well, I do think this will be my final Christmas post of 2018. Thank you again for indulging me.  I think it is time for me to move onto 2019!

Happy New Year!!

Joining these Link Parties:



Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment