Decorating With Evergreens for Christmas

Hi Everyone!  How are you doing with all of your Christmas stuff?  Well, since I haven't posted for a while I think you can guess how mine is going :).  One week ago today I held a holiday greens garland workshop at the request of a local interior design company.  I had so much fun doing it and I think the ladies who joined us that night did, as well.  This is an example of what we made.  It was meant to be a table centerpiece or you could place it on your mantle also.




This is the nifty Santa toolbelt my sister-in-law and helper, Judy, made for me for the event.  Isn't it just the cutest?!


Although hosting the event set me back a week or two in my own decorating, it also gave me a surplus of greens to work and decorate with at my own home.  So, I am finally sharing some of my outside Christmas decorating with you today.  I hope you enjoy it!

I guess we will start with the front door~



With the extra greens I had left over from the workshop I made this swag...


And filled lots of containers...


and more containers!


I purchased a new doormat too!


I want you to know that no deer were hurt during my decorating.  We have multiple deer grazing through our yard and last winter one of them lost an antler, evidently.  I decided to use it in my design.  His/her loss, my gain :).







Next, I will move onto the side of my house.  There we find a deck next to my shed.

This is how it looks in the morning.  This is probably around 8:30 am.

 

As the day progresses, it gets pretty sunny on that side of the house which is nice this time of year.



I truly loved having all those greens to work with this year.


Here is the garland from the workshop with red Christmas ornaments added in.




I really liked this look with the mixture of greens, large pine cones (purchased at my local farm stand) and winterberry.


I made swags for the back of each of these red Adirondack chairs.  I almost put them into storage a month ago but, my husband said they looked "Christmassy" and he was right :).


This is how the side yard ends the day~



Pretty neat~




Finally, I will show you just a couple of pictures of the barn.  I didn't take too many of them and the ones I did take are not very good.  So sorry about that!


Since the barn is sooo rustic, going with a rustic theme is always a good idea.  I made the garland on each side of the door with left over greens, as well.  I used a different technique, not as compact, with these garlands but, I thought they came out nicely.





We always put lights somewhere around the barn.  I wish I had taken a picture of the star that lights the gable end of the barn.  My friend, Karen, looks forward to that star every year so, we always think of her as we are having it up.




As you can see, I do not live in a quaint New England colonial as so many people do here in Massachusetts.  My home is a 1970's contemporary that just so happens to have a rustic barn on the property.  All of this makes my Christmas decorating a bit eclectic, to say the least :).


I am now onto the Christmas shopping!  Oh dear, I'm hoping to make it through :).



Sharing at these Link Parties:

Look where we were featured!


2 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous post! I forgot to tell you I featured you at TFT here: https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/a-very-merry-christmas-at-thursday-favorite-things/

    I hope you had a Merry Christmas, and I wish you a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Thank you so much!

    Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete