Looking to Find Some "Green" Inspiration!

I don't know about you but, I am starting to get sick of the bland and neutral landscape of winter.  I know there isn't anything we can do about it.  It is February (almost March) after all but, I am craving a bit of color at this point in the season and since St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner, I thought focusing on the color green might bring some nice inspiration for today even though it is still very snowy in my neck of the woods.




So, I went into my photo archives and picked out a few "green" photos to share since I certainly can not take new ones right now. 
The above photo was taken at Gibbet Hill in Groton, right down the street from my house.  As you can see the cattle were grazing and the green of the grass definitely had that emerald quality to it.  Right now the hill is covered in snow~


I do love the fact that these very green pincushion mums become overly available around St. Patrick's Day.  For some reason, it doesn't seem gaudy this time of year.

***********************************************

This ↓ was last year's attempt at starting plants from seed.  For me, this was my best attempt ever, I think.  I actually got many, many coleus plants from this one tray and some zinnias, too.  I believe the other garden contribution was a few Mexican sunflowers.  I might try this again.  It was fun!



This is a photo of my garden in the springtime.  I can't wait for plants to start growing again!  




My good friend, Michelle, gave me this shamrock ornament after returning from a trip to Ireland.  She is always so thoughtful!



  Just looking at these pictures is making me feel better.  I hope it is having the same effect on you!


I know that Spring is on its way even if it doesn't feel that way right now.



I think it is only 20 days until Spring.  Let's hope it comes on time!!!


Next up...St. Patty's Day!







2 comments:

  1. Beautiful green inspiration! Thanks for sharing at TFT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amber. It’s always fun to share at TFT.

    ReplyDelete