Cabinet Styling for Valentine's Day

Hi there!  How are you doing?  Last weekend was all about getting ready for the Super Bowl and planting ourselves in front of the TV to watch it.  As you may know, we are all very excited here in New England with how it turned out :-).  With the results of the Super Bowl, the parade that followed and the warm beautiful weather we've been enjoying, it has been pretty sweet around here!

Sometime over the weekend I was also able to continue taking out my Valentine decorations.  I don't usually do a whole lot in regards to Valentine's Day decorating but, I do like to put a few things around the house.


                          The cabinet in my family room looked like this ↓ just a few days ago.


I loved the look but knew it was time to get rid of the Christmas dishes and move on.  Valentine's Day is a nice transition time.  It only lasts a few weeks and adds some color at a quite often dreary time of the year.



Most everything I used to fill and decorate the hutch with was something I had in my collection of "things".  I am usually a use-what-you-have kind of girl :).  However, I had purchased this Valentine heart wreath from the Dollar Store a few weeks ago.  I was going to try a craft I had seen on my friend, Amber's, Follow the Yellow Brick Home blog but, I never got around to doing the craft so, I used the wreath here.  (I still hope to do that craft...one day.)



I made these hand-embroidered felt hearts a while ago.  I think they're kind of neat so they just had to be part of my Valentine décor.




Next, I went looking in my stash for anything white, pink, red or silver to put in the cabinet.  Then, I started loading away!


I love collecting plates.  I have found this addiction has come in handy when I want to add a little something here and there around the house.


After the plates, it was time to add some whimsy and fun...in a Valentine's way~





I know these decorations will be displayed for only a short time but, Valentine's Day is such a "sweet" holiday, why not have some fun in the middle of the winter and play around with it?!


I have to admit I am a sucker for Valentine's Day, anyway.  A holiday celebrating love...what could be better?







XOXO!  


Sharing at these Link Parties:
Create, Bake, Grow & Gather PartyFeathered Nest Friday

2 comments:

  1. Your shelves look lovely, Christine... would love to have you come and link-up at Homestyle Gathering each Tuesday, via My Wee Abode!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. I will check it out! Thanks for the invitation :).

      Delete