Our Top Ten Posts for 2019





Hey, there!  Well, we are into the New Year of 2020!  Isn't that amazing?!  I can barely believe it but, it's true!

I wanted to start the year off by looking back a bit and thanking all of you out there who supported me and this blog with your encouragement of reading my stories and stopping by to check in.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that.

By looking back, I am able to see which of my little stories interested you the most.  This information will, hopefully, enable me to create new material that will interest you even more in the future!  To my chagrin, I discovered that sharing the weddings I do on this blog have not been the most visited posts. I will probably continue to share them, however, because the flower designs that result from these weddings are brought on by my blood, sweat and tears, sometimes literally, and I just have to share them somewhere.  Please allow me this indulgence :).  What I found was that you did like stories on home décor and some of my other floral design projects. What interested you most last year, however, were stories on Christmas and Thanksgiving.  I guess that makes sense :).  Don't we all love Christmas and Thanksgiving?!

I will try to find some other new things from now until those holidays to keep you coming back but, until then, here are my top 10 posts of 2019, voted by you~



1.  A Post-Christmas Christmas Home Tour - This post was actually published in 2018 but, it was so late in the year and did so well that I included it in the list this year.  I guess people like to see other people's homes decorated at Christmas.  Since I am such a lover of the holiday that was a great thing to learn :).


2.  A Gallery of Thanksgiving Tablescapes _ I think Pinterest made this #2.  I have had more viewings of my Thanksgiving tablescapes on Pinterest than anything else I have shared there.  Before creating this tablescape I had just done a wedding and had an overabundance of seeded eucalyptus right.  I remember that my family really enjoyed the centerpiece that year.  This post was also featured on three different link parties, which was wonderful too!  That probably helped the popularity of the post, as well.


3. An Ice Vase as a Centerpiece: Transitioning into Winter - This one seemed to be a hit from the beginning.  Many of my friends liked it on Facebook, too, which was nice.  Plus, we were featured at the Thursday Favorite Things Link Party.  Thank you, Amber!


4.  Some of My Favorite Designs from 2018 -  I was thrilled that this post was in the top 10 because, after all, floral design is what I mainly do so, I am excited that these designs piqued your interest.  Thank you to my friend, Danielle, at Finding Silver Pennies for featuring this post on her Silver Pennies Sundays Link Party.  She has been so wonderful to me with all of her support.






5.  My Humble Abode: A Cape Cod Cottage - I have to say I was shocked with this one because I have always been hesitant to share photos of our very humble summer cottage on Cape Cod because the home still really does need so much work.  However, you all seemed to like it.  Also, again, this post was featured on two link parties.  Those bloggers must have liked it, too.  Awesome!


6.  All Greenery Boutonnieres - The next two posts actually tied with the same amount of views.  I was happy that this post did so well because, again, it highlighted some of my floral design work, which always warms my heart.  This post was also featured on a link party, as well. So nice!


7.  Decorating with Gourds and Pumpkins - This post made it on its own merits since we were not featured on any link parties for this one but, I think it helped that the story shared fall decorating ideas, which always seems to be a hit.


8.  What You Can Do With $12 Worth of Grocery Store Flowers - I guess since this post made it to the top 10 it shows that you guys like a bargain.  Since the time I wrote this story, unfortunately, the price of the grocery store flowers has gone up to $15.  I think it is still a bargain, however.  This story was also featured on two link parties.  I guess there is a trend here.  Thank you to all those other bloggers who host link parties and added to my success for the year!  I truly appreciate them~


9.  A Many Textured Thanksgiving Table -  Here we go with another Thanksgiving tablescape!  I told you they were popular with you guys :).  I have to say I thought this one was kind of cute myself.



10.  May Day Baskets: A Lost Tradition - I was thrilled that this post made it into the mix too since I had so much fun making these baskets.  I also found out from one of my readers that May Day Baskets are not a lost tradition in some parts of the country.  That was nice to hear.  This post was also featured at two link parties.  As I said, I am tremendously thankful to all the bloggers who tirelessly host link parties which help those of us who are trying to find our voices and audience.  Thank you, again, to them!

As I looked at my top 10 posts again I realized that most of them did, in fact, feature many aspects of my floral design after all.  Thank you for the encouragement and thank you for stopping by to see what I may have been sharing on any given day.  Sometimes I feel like I am all over the map.  Thank you for sticking with me 😊.  I hope to come up with new and interesting stories as we all move together into 2020.




Thank you and please stop by again!



Joining these link parties:
Create, Bake, Grow and Gather





2 comments:

  1. It is always a pleasure to have you link up at TFT! I thoroughly enjoy all the beautiful inspiration you share. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amber. Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete