A Very Special Winter Baby Shower




Last week was a special week for me because I was able to make some very cute centerpieces for a very special baby shower.  My good friend, Carolyn, had asked me months ago to make the centerpieces for the baby shower she was throwing for her daughter, Keri, which was held this past Sunday.  Carolyn and Keri are wonderful ladies.  I have been friends with Carolyn for years since we took aerobics together when our kids were young.  Keri and my daughter, Brittany, took dance together and I did the flowers for Keri and Phil's wedding about six years ago.  They are dear people to me so, of course, I jumped at the chance to help make the shower beautiful!

The whole centerpiece theme started for me with the invitation.  I just loved it!  So simple and so cute and just the perfect amount of winter.  I asked Carolyn if I could tailor the centerpieces around the invitation and she totally agreed with my vision.


We set out to find vases that would work and it was Carolyn who found them online.  They were a 4" square frosted glass vase. The first step was done.


Next I had to find a cute little bunny to replicate the one featured on the invitation.  I searched high and low and finally found just what I needed at the Dollar Tree.  It was a ceramic ornament painting kit for Easter.  Unfortunately, the store only had three and I needed eight.  That sent me (and my family) on a search for five more bunnies all over eastern Massachusetts.  It wasn't until two days before the shower that I finally found five more in a Dollar Tree in Nashua, NH that I rarely frequent.



At that point I needed to paint little faces on the bunnies to give them subtle personality.  I had a blast doing this!



From that time on it was full-fledge centerpiece design.  The ingredients I used for this centerpiece were:

  • A Frosted 4" Square Vase
  • The Painted Ceramic Bunnies
  • Glittered Twigs (I found them after Christmas at JoAnn Fabrics and scoffed them up!)
  • Flowers which included:  White Hydrangeas, White and Pink Ranunculus, White Stock, Pink Carnations, regular and mini size and Dusty Miller

I ended up only having enough flowers to make seven centerpieces, which was the original number Carolyn had asked for.




However, I did have some dusty miller and two hydrangeas left so I made this funky centerpiece with one of the hydrangeas.



I added a bunny in a bud vase to the whole look.  This photo was taken a few days after the shower so the dusty miller is a little droopy but, I hope you can see where I was going with this one :).  We ended up putting this centerpiece near the gift table so it didn't look that strange being different from the others.




I didn't take any pictures of the actual shower.  I didn't want to intrude and I was joining in the festivities as a friend.  So, I only have the few photos that I took at my home.


I can tell you that the shower was a success in every way.  The room looked beautiful with its elegant yet simple decorations.  The room was perfection.  It was private with very nice and helpful waitstaff.

The ambiance was wonderful, too.  Carolyn and Keri's family and friends are very gregarious and welcoming and make you feel right at home.

The food was delicious and the present opening part of the day was fun and efficiently done with the help of many of Keri's friends.


And the mother-to-be was glowing and happy.  Everything was the way it should be for a baby shower.



Very joyful and fun!



I was so happy to be a small part of the whole event.


After all, spreading joy and beauty was the reason I started my company in the first place~


It is especially sweet when I can share the joy and beauty with my friends.



It was an all around wonderful day.

Now we wait for the baby to come!

WE WERE FEATURED!



***I have not been compensated in any way for this post.

Sharing at these link parties:
TFT
Create, Bake, Grow & Gather
Inspire Me Monday
Create With Joy- Inspire Me Monday
Tuesday Turn Around
Grandma's House DIY

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful centerpieces!! What a fun theme for a winter baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flower arrangements at gorgeous. What a beautiful arrangement for a winter party. The baby bunnies make it even more personal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are lovely Christine! The bunnies are darling too! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. These flower centerpieces are so beautiful Christine! I can only imagine how wonderful they looked at the shower, they are truly so pretty. {I love the theme for this shower, too!}There is nothing better than celebrating a new baby, is there? Lidy at FrenchGardenHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Celebrating a new baby is the absolute best! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. These are just beautiful! I have featured this post today at Thursday Favorite Things. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so very much! I am happy you like my bunny centerpieces :).

      Delete