January Decorating in Neutrals


Before the moment had passed me by I wanted to share some of the scaled down decorating I have done in my home since the holidays.  We are more than halfway through January so I am almost out of time to share these ideas with you.~

I have to say I am finally happy to have a clean slate in terms of house décor after Christmas.  Sometimes it takes me awhile to get to that point because I love Christmas so much.  However, there is a cleansing effect when you take down the red and the glitter and begin again with bare walls and shelves.

In the front hall I cleaned out this container and encircled the pot with pine cones.  Just that little change has made a world of difference.  Before, the look was laden with sparkle and ribbons and many textures.  If you would like to see this container before, you can look here.



I have been going with primarily a white theme in the living room with a very small spattering of subtle color in certain areas.





The sideboard was especially fun to decorate in the past few weeks.
I am liking the simplicity~



I did use a glittery spray in this bowl.  I just couldn't help myself I guess.

Ice in crystal glasses seemed to be a good January bet :)

I did keep the buffet decorated with lights and a tiny bit of sparkle.  The winter would be completely dull without some glistening, don't you think?



 


I did a complete 180 in the kitchen when it came to the shelves.  All white, all the time.  I am really liking the cleaned up look!





The dining room table is toned down, as well, with just a hint of color given from the lighted evergreen tree and the copper mugs on and in the hutch.  I kind of feel with all these changes that I have detoxed my house, décor-wise a bit.


However, soon it will be onto Valentine's Day and I can add another touch of red here and there :).

We Were Featured!




Sharing at these Link Parties:
Silver Pennies Sundays
Love Your Creativity
Inspire Me Monday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Inspire Me Monday
Tuesday Turn About
Grandmas House DIY
TFT
Create, Bake, Grow & Gather Party




2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful way to decorate plain and simple
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete