A Change of Plans


 So, last week I told you about my idea for Pick Me Up arrangements and I fully expected I would be showcasing that idea this week.  Well, life can sometimes change the best of plans and sometimes can even kick you right in the stomach.  So, it was this week. We received the very sad news early Monday morning that our brother-in-law, Dave, had passed away.  So, this week has been a difficult one with many tears and many other plans to be made. Therefore, the Pick Me Up arrangements will have to wait a little longer.  I still believe the world needs a Pick Me Up, however, and my wish is to make this idea come to be.

The other idea I hoped to blog about this week was my Mod Podge project.  That will have to wait also.  


So instead, I am going to show you some random things and hope you don't mind the scattered-brained post this week :).

Halloween was different this year, mainly because of the pandemic. Although we didn't have any trick-or-treaters, we did have a wonderful visit from my daughter and our grandson, Finn.

Below are my husband and my daughter's very different attempts are pumpkin carving.

This one ↓ was my husband's.  He used power tools (isn't that so much like a guy?).  In his attempt somewhere are eyelids, eyeballs, eyebrows and pieces of cut out hair.  




My daughter's↓ was very different.  She used a stencil, which I held in place, and was very sophisticated!

I can't tell you how much fun we had together and how much we laughed!  It was awesome and I wish I had appreciated that time even more knowing now what news we would hear on Monday.



For the rest of this post I am sharing an autumn picture I have shared on Pinterest and have received thousands of views.  So, I thought, "Why not share it again with you?"

These next two photos are of a couple of flower arrangements I have done in the past.  I especially like them :).  They are for the autumn, as well.



I am sorry this has been such a random post but, I didn't want the week to go by without checking in, at the very least.  I hope you don't mind.  Maybe next week I will share my Pick Me Up November offering or my Mod Podge craft.  I'd love it if you came by to see~


Until then I wish you happiness.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Please accept my condolences. No one should ever need to apologize for putting important things first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Teddee, for your kinds words and encouragement. So very thoughtful of you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete