Pick Me Up Bouquets

 Hi Everybody!  Believe it or not it is snowing in my neck of the woods!  I think it has added up to about 5" so far.  It is late in the afternoon and it looks like it might actually be slowing down a bit. The weatherman told us we might get 2".  Not funny, Mr. Weatherman!

Now that I am done complaining about the weather, I wanted to share with you what I have been working on lately.  A few weeks ago, I started thinking about 2020 and how hard it has been on everyone.  It has been hard on my business because weddings and social gatherings have come to pretty much a standstill.  Like you I am sure, I have had to deal with personal trials that have come along because of the pandemic.  It has just been hard on all of us.


So, I started to think about flowers and how they might help in some small way during these times.  I started pondering the idea of offering Pick-Me-Up arrangements once a month to people in my local community to bring some happiness. I wasn't sure if flowers would be too cliché but, I figured I would pursue the idea and see where it went. So, I ran out and bought some flowers and started to arrange them. 


Before I knew it I had made three fall flower arrangements.

Now, what was I going to do with them?


I came up with am idea to have a little contest on Instagram and Facebook.  (I had no idea what I was doing and I am sure I didn't do it correctly.)


I told all my friends and followers that I was thinking of offering a Pick-Me-Up arrangement once a month to lift spirits and bring joy and here was an example of what one might look like.


I then asked them to leave a comment on my post if they wanted.  In doing so, they would be entered into a give-away contest.  I would give one of the arrangements to the lucky winner.


At the end of the day, I would put the names of those who had left a comment into a hat.  My husband drew the name, just to keep everything on the up-and-up.  The participants had to live in my town or one of the neighboring towns I had listed.  If they didn't live in those towns but happen to win and knew someone who did, they could give the flowers to their friend.  I don't have a strong social media presence so, it was nice to see the buzz around my idea :).




In the end, Lauren, won the arrangement and I delivered it to her the next day.  My husband delivered another one of the arrangements to our back yard neighbors who had so kindly offered us some of the vegetables from their overflowing garden last summer.  


I received some great feedback about my idea so I decided to give it a try and follow through in November with a Pick-Me-Up arrangement. That is what I have been working on this week. I am seeking out help in the technical areas that I am so deficient in but, stay tuned.  I am hoping to be making an announcement very soon!


Happy Weekend, Everyone!

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment