A Bells of Ireland Arrangement

 Hi all! Last week I told you about cleaning and sprucing up my "she" shed.  To my surprise and delight that post actually got featured on Thursday Favorite Things this week.  Very exciting!  Thank you Amber for the shout out.  In that post I explained that the cleaned up shed had inspired me to be  florally creative in there again.  I ran out and grabbed some flowers.


I discovered these Bells of Ireland flowers and could not leave the market without them.

I also picked up a bunch of lilies, coral-red roses and blue sea holly.


The Bells of Ireland were the first to go into the centerpiece, creating the inspiration for the rest of it.


I liked the colors of the flowers as they mixed in together.  The spring colors were great to see after the long winter.



This is what I created on that afternoon in my shed.



When I was done I thought the centerpiece was missing something.  I felt it needed more flowers and white ones to be more specific.


So, I went out one more time and purchased white mums and white Gerber daisies.


I thought the white flowers finished things off nicely.


Here is the bouquet before the lilies opened up completely.  It took them a few days to do so.


My back deck happened to have the best light for photographing when I was done designing the flowers so I had to move away the shed.  The light is not always great in the shed, which is a total bummer but, this is the reason for the change of photo backdropping.




The lilies finally opened and I decided to set the flowers on the table in the entry hall.  The smell of lilies wafted throughout the house.  Not everyone likes that aroma but I do :).  


Today happens to be snowing in my area of the country so, I am glad I was able to make these two floral designs to be used as spring inspiration, if only for myself.  (Hoping they inspire you too!)


Happy Weekend, Everybody!


Joining these Link Parties:

Create, Bake, Grow & Gather

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment