Thanksgiving Tablescape

 Hey there!  I hope you don't mind but, I am going to re-post a Thanksgiving tablescape I did a few years ago.  I really loved this one and wanted to show it to you anew, especially to those of you who did not see it the first time :).


I had done a wedding the weekend before I created this tablescape.  I used leftover flowers from that wedding.  Thankfully, I had enough to be generous with this centerpiece.


I have to say I LOVE fall weddings.  I got married in October and I love the hues of fall.  The possibilities are truly endless.  All the colors of that wedding are not all shown here but the wedding had oranges, cranberries, blues, creams, and greens.  It was really beautiful.  Unfortunately, the bride did not share her professional photographs with me so I only have the quickly taken ones I had on my cellphone.  


Even so, you can see the wedding flowers here if you would like.

Back to the tablescape...I used seeded eucalyptus, viburnum berries, sea holly and white spray roses to create the garland that went down the center of the table.


I added candles and my wedding china.  You can probably date me by looking at the china :).  It still looks great at Thanksgiving time and I am thankful for it.  


I, of course, added candles of all kinds, too.


Doesn't this look very cozy?


The tablescape was created in my studio/she shed.  The table below was the table where I ate Sunday dinners at my grandparents home.  It looks tiny to me now but, when I was little, I thought it was so elegant.  I loved eating and spending time at my grandparents' home. They were special people.





Thanksgiving is such a special time of the year.  Time to be with family.  I think the colors of the season reflect that feeling.


The feeling is of warmth and invitation.


What could be better than that?





It was so much fun to have a lot of floral material to work with with this tablescape.  I was able to make the centerpiece very full.  I liked the neutral tone of the tablescape.  It allows you to add in browns, golds and oranges, if you like.


Thank you for letting me show you this tablescape one more time.  

I hope you have enjoyed your visit.



Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment