Table Florals from Easter Weekend

In the theme of being a day late and a dollar short, which has been my life for the past several months, I am going to share the table florals I created a few days ago for the Easter weekend.  I am a few days late in posting but, as I said, such is my life lately :).

I didn't know I was hosting Easter until maybe a week before the holiday so, I will use that as an excuse for my unpreparedness.  Thankfully my daughter, Brittany, came to my rescue with some of her Easter decorations since I have yet to find mine in the attic since our recent move.

Thanks to Brittany I was able to create an Easter tablescape that I was proud of.  The living room turned dining room, I am afraid, is going to be one of the last rooms I redecorate in my new house.  There is just too much work to be done and too many decor decisions to make for it to be a speedy process so, please excuse the dated wallpaper and paint.

Brittany lent me this cute bunny hanging.  It was easy to hang over the front of my hutch and

 added a festive flair.

She had also brought over some interesting eggs and fabric carrots that I mixed in.

Of course, I did have some of my own things and my own talents to lend to the process.  I, of course, created some flower arrangements to add to the table.  I purchased the flowers at a grocery store and was somewhat upset by the lack of colors and variety of flowers available but in the end, everything came together very nicely.

I used my old faithful China since I had donated my Easter set before I moved, thinking, "Oh I won't want to use that again :-/ !"

And, for some reason, I found these cute bunny napkins in my stash. I hadn't thrown them away! I only had four of them, however, so they were regulated to the end place settings.  I needed only two this time around.

In the end, everything kind of worked, even with the dated wallpaper and paint.


When I was done setting the table, I discovered that I had some flowers leftover.  I have been wanting to try my hand at making more of my flower cupcakes for months.  I was hoping to sell them in Brittany's cookie pop-up shop.  I didn't get my act together for that but, I did make three "cupcakes" to give to my daughters and daughter-in-law on Easter.

Here they are~


For Easter Day, I placed them on the dining room buffet as another decoration.  The colors matched well with the temporary painting I have placed on the buffet.




I do feel they came out adorably :).  If you would like to see other flower cupcakes I have made in the past, you can see them here .


I have to tell you that the flower arrangements really held up well and I have been enjoying them tremendously.



The alstroemerias (the white flowers) have been exploding!!!

I should not be so snobby about grocery store flowers.  They come through for me more than I 
would like to admit 😉.



Hopefully, I will get back on track and have more timely posts in the future~

I hope you have enjoyed this one, anyway.



Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment