Blogs I Love to Follow

This week was one of those "getting back to reality" weeks for me.  There is one week (almost) of "real" summer left and I know that life as it has been over the summer with no schedules and no true commitments would have to come to an end at some point but, I am pretty sad about it.  However, what can you do?  You can't be on continual vacation forever, can you?




So, one of the first things I wanted to do when getting back to reality was to thank some of my fellow bloggers for featuring my work this summer.  It has been a great summer in that regard for me. I was featured several times on various link parties over the summer which thrilled me to no end!  When these features happen I try to show my appreciation with a comment and a mention on Facebook or Instagram.  However, I have had a problem doing that throughout the summer because of technical problems coming from my lack of knowledge and device issues at the cottage where we live most of the summer.


All of this is to say, earlier this week I posted a thank you to all the bloggers who featured me over the summer on Facebook and Instagram.  In doing so, I started to think that I am always searching for new blogs to follow and thought maybe you do too!  So, here is a little list of bloggers that I enjoy following for your entertainment :).


One of the first bloggers I discovered when I entered the world of blogging was Sandy at The Reluctant Entertainer.  I loved that she wrote her blog in such an easy and down-to-earth manner and how she shared her life through it.  I also loved the recipes she posted.  I especially liked how she told her audience that entertaining did not come easy for her.  She had to make a decided point to invite people over.  This is something I struggle with, as well.  I am always afraid my house isn't clean enough. I am not a good enough cook and that people won't have a good time.  I know these are silly fears but, I liked her honesty in speaking about this subject.

Another blogger I discovered by chance was Amy Chalmers.  My daughter, Brittany, was all into chalk paint a few years ago and Amy had a store at the time in Reading, Massachusetts, a town which rests between where my daughter lived and where I live.  In researching Annie Sloan paint I discovered Amy's shop.  Unfortunately for me, Amy closed her shop before I was able to visit it but, in the meantime I discovered her blog Maison Décor.  I enjoyed her stories because she was a Massachusetts resident like me and I loved hearing about her store, her son's used furniture store and all about her decorating and the friendships she had made with people like Matthew Mead.  I had seen him in magazines and was very impressed.  I am especially now enjoying hearing about the cottage and land she bought in New Hampshire.  She and her husband are planning on building a new home on the land at some point.  Very exciting!



I think it was through Amy's blog that I discovered Danielle at Finding Silver Pennies.  Like Amy, Danielle, is another Massachusetts resident but Danielle is actually a seacoast resident and shares the love of seaside life like I do.  I was born on Cape Cod and have a vacation cottage there so, I felt a connection with Danielle, who lives in Scituate, MA.  I have never met Danielle personally but we have connected online and Danielle has featured some of my posts over the years.  I am eternally grateful to her for that and for advice she has given me about blogging and other topics. Her blog is very fun and very informative, as well as, simply lovely...like her.


I cannot remember how I found Kerryanne at Shabby Art Boutique but, Kerryanne is from Australia and I found it so cool to be affiliated with someone from Australia!  I am not sure without the world of blogging that that would have ever been true for me, otherwise.  I started joining in on her Create, Bake, Grow & Gather link party on Friday mornings and soon found that I loved the somewhat old-fashioned kind of craft ideas she posts on her blog.  She also seems very sweet and down-to-earth.  Kerryanne has also featured me a few times, as well.  The blogging community is so supportive of each other.  It is wonderful!



I somewhat recently encountered the blog Shabbyfufu.  I love, love, love Janet's decorating style!  As with all the bloggers I follow, she is seemingly easy-going and relatable.  I pretty much enjoy everything she posts.  She has many blogger friends who also post some great content, as well.  Janet also has featured me at her Style Showcase link party, which I thoroughly appreciate.  Janet has changed the format for that link party so, I am not sure I will be able join in on it again but, I will for sure continue following her as a blogger.



The final blogger I would like to introduce you to is Courtney Allison at French Country Cottage.  I am in awe of this lady!  Her photography is beyond great and her decorating style is just over-the-moon neat!  She seems to have achieved so much through the creation of her blog and her life in general.  She is an editor of a magazine and she's even written a book.  I find her to be very inspiring.  And, I love reading her blog, too!




If you have the time, I hope you can check out these blogs.  They all have great information to share and are certainly worthy of your time.  I would love to hear what you think of them and if you have any blogs you love to follow, please share them with me in the comments section.  Thank you!















Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment