Dreaming of a New Shed

Hey, all!!  How's it going?  I seem to be on a nostalgia tour lately. A few weeks ago, I shared some old floral creations of mine with you as I was making my way into the future in a new way as a floral designer. Right now, I am doing pop-up shops periodically throughout the year via a flower cart my husband built for me.

Today, I am very much missing my old she/flower shed that was part of the property of my old home in Groton, MA.  My husband built that shed for me, as well.  He's quite the craftsman considering his career is in aviation.  His father was a carpenter, though, so I am sure that is where he inherited his talent.

Anyway, now that we are close to our two-year anniversary of moving into our new home in Boxford, MA.  And now that I am forging a new path forward with my business, I am really feeling the need for the space and storage of that old shed. There will be new requirements for the next shed this time around, though.  I don't need it to be as large as the old one, although I loved everything about my old shed.  I won't be meeting brides in this shed anymore, sadly.  I loved that part of being a wedding floral designer but, this new shed will be just for me, a place to go to create and reflect, I suppose.

 There is a must for this shed, however.  It will need to have lots of light!  I miss all the light coming into my old home and my old shed. My home in Boxford is very traditional and the windows are not as large.  Hence, the house can be dark at times.  So, lots of windows and light is a must for the new shed!


Unfortunately, that dream of a new shed is not in the cards for right now but, while I am in a nostalgic mood, I thought I would share some old photos from an old photo shoot I did in the Groton shed several years ago.  The look of the shoot has fall at the center of it and this seemed to be the perfect time to reshare.


My daughter, Brittany, and I did this shoot together. She brought some the elements from her stash, and I brought some of my own.  Brittany was the one who brought the sign, "We're So Glad You Are Here".  Signs were big at the time. I have moved away from them since then, but it is a beautiful sentiment at any place or anytime.


Together, we created photo vignettes and a tablescape of sorts.



I have re-edited the photos (I learned how to better do that since then) and they look much brighter this time around.


I wish I could remember the name of this melon-color ruffled rose because I think it is just beautiful!


I am a sucker for white mini pumpkins and blue pumpkins too!  I believe the blue ones are in the heirloom family of pumpkins.


I love creating tablescapes, especially in the fall.  I have done many of them over the years.
You can see one of them here if you would like.





I realize now that this tablescape needed silverware and napkins.  Eek! Quite the faux pas!

To finish off this story, I would like to show you some of the sheds I have found on Pinterest that I love and are an inspiration as I dream of a new shed~


Source:  chatelaine.com

This shed might be too small for me, but I love the workbench and the styling of it.


Source:  Pinterest maryfjacobs9

 I love the French doors and the window boxes of this one.



Source:  toolzview.com

This shed is something I would love if I had unlimited funds and a yard large enough to house it.
But isn't it pretty?!!

Well, there you have it, the old and new.  The old I had to give up by moving to my new home. 
The new I am dreaming to have :).


Happy Sunday!!

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment