Getting Fall Inspiration in Ogunquit, Maine





Hi, all!  I hope you have tomorrow off and are enjoying this holiday weekend.  I certainly am!  So far, we have done some cleaning out of the basement (So overdue!), enjoyed Saturday afternoon and evening with my son and two of his children.  His wife is away for the weekend at a college reunion with her other daughter, my granddaughter.  Today we visited a local animal farm with, again, my son, his children, my daughter, Brittany, and her family, as well.  We had a blast!  If you have never been to Davis Farm in Sterling, Massachusetts, you really should try to get there.  So much fun!  You get to hold baby goats and everything!!  So, so cute!



But, today I am sharing the rest of the fall inspiration I received from a recent visit to Ogunquit, Maine.  If you would like to see Part One of this mini-series, you may see it here

After lunching at Stonewall Kitchen, Tom and I traveled up the road to the Marginal Way, an oceanside pathway that is hard to beat for the mild exercise and beautiful scenery.  We wanted to walk off some of our lunch and take in the sights, which we did even though it was a cloudy day.



Here ↑ you can see a small piece of the Marginal Way.


 The houses you see along the walk are quite amazing~  This was one of my favorites.





These photos were taken at the Anchorage Inn.  This motel has a lovely fall display for their guests.  Tom and I had a delightful weekend there several years ago in June.  We really need to plan another overnight trip there.  It has been too long since we stayed at the inn.



I believe the town was having some kind of a pumpkin contest going on when we visited.



These two pumpkins had to have been in the running to win, right?


I took this photo in homage to my garden club because we are the Lazy Daisy Gardeners.  I thought they would get a kick out of the sign.  Most likely, they have visited Ogunquit on their own and have seen the sign but, just in case, I snapped a photo anyway.


This is another inn next to the Anchorage.  I don't remember its name but I loved the turret balcony and the pumpkins in the front yard.  The more pumpkins, the more the merrier!


~Enjoy the fall and the holiday weekend~

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment