Getting R&R and Inspiration in Ogunquit Maine

Hey, everyone!  I think I mentioned in my last post that I would be doing the flowers for a wedding all last week and wouldn't be posting anything until this week.  Well, here I am!  My wedding ended up going very well and the flowers (I think) turned out beautifully but, I did have some unforeseen and last-minute problems along the way.  So, when Sunday morning came, the day after the wedding, I was exhausted and needed to get out of the house to de-stress from the week of hard work.



Here's a little taste of the wedding I worked on last week.  I will share a full post soon.



Sunday was going to be cloudy and in the mid to upper 60's but, not rainy until well into the evening.  My husband, Tom, and I hopped in the car and headed to Ogunquit to walk the Marginal Way, an ocean-side walkway that we try to visit at least a few times a year.  It only takes about an hour and 15 minutes to get there so, it can easily be done in a day.

We arrived just about at lunchtime and decided to stop at Stonewall Kitchen to get a bite.  It was there that I became creatively rejuvenated!  I also enjoyed a yummy ham, fig and brie sandwich, as well!


As soon as we got out of the car I was enthralled with the store's fall decorations.  I always forget just how beautiful the Stonewall Kitchen flagship store really is.  There was a cooking class going on and it seemed full to the brim with people.  It made me want to get my daughters and daughter-in-law together to sign up for a class.



We were greeted at the front door by this adorable pumpkin-filled truck.  So, so cute!  I wish I had one!  It would go oh-so-nicely in front of my barn!


Tom and I ran into the store's restaurant to grab a quick bite.  We knew the quicker we got in the better chance it would be to find a table.  The restaurant is always very, very busy.  We must have been a little early because we found a high-top table and ordered our food just before a huge crowd of visitors started filling into the restaurant area.

After having an enjoyable meal and touring the store, I informed Tom that I was going to be taking lots of photos.  These fall decorations were too awesome to be missed and needed to be shared!  Whoever is the outdoor designer is incredibly creative and inventive.

I mean.  These arrangements are amazing!


I love the use of gourds here~





There are lots of places to sit and eat your lunch or snack.  Too bad it was cloudy that day.

Next to the sitting areas were these incredible gardens.  To be honest, I am not sure what is growing here but, I find the plants to be very interesting.



I know these are mums and cornstalks :).




The most interesting and creative part of the whole outdoor display to me was this tablescape of plants and fall ornamentals.  I am simply in awe of the imagination and how well it is done!

Really, there is a centerpiece~




Individual place settings~



Simply ingenious!  I wish I had thought of this!


All of this is kind of simple in its own way but, not at the same time.  Do you get what I mean?  Hahaha!




As you turn to where the cooking classes are held you pass these beautiful flower gardens.





Aren't they something?  To have gardens like these would be a dream!


Next, it was on to the Marginal Way!  I will share those beautiful photos in my next post.  Until then...

Enjoy Your Day!

Joining these link parties:
love-your-creativity-link-party





Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment