A Year of Floral Designs and More

Hey there! How are you all doing? As many of you may know, this has been an especially hard year for wedding and special events.  Therefore, it has been an especially hard year for folks such as myself, namely floral designers.  It has been a year of very small weddings and no real events going on.  Therefore, I have been more introspective lately and have been looking over my past work outside of the wedding industry and thought I would remind you (and myself) of past pieces I have done.  Some of you may be new to my blog and, perhaps, you would like to see some of the things I have done previously. (I hope so, anyway 😊.)


I found some of my favorite floral arrangements and some tablescapes, too.  I hope you enjoy the parade of images and maybe you will be inspired, as well.  That is always my intent.

The above photo was a staging of a potting bench used for an outdoor fall afternoon snack display.  The flowers were left over from a fall wedding I had just done.  I loved the textures and colors.  Fall is one of my favorite times of the year to create.

This arrangement has fiesta in mind and could be used in late summer or early fall.


It goes well with the display of munchies too!


I loved the textures and colors in this bouquet~

This design was one of my earliest but I still find it pretty.  Working with the fall harvest is always enjoyable.

Since I seem to be in the fall season I will continue with the decoration of my side deck that I did a while ago.  As I said, it is pretty easy creating a pretty vignette with all that is available at farm stands at that time of the year.


While I am at it, why not share a fall tablescape, as well?


Here are a few pumpkins ideas for the upcoming fall season~





Moving onto mid-fall, I made these centerpieces for the baby shower of my youngest daughter.  We didn't know the sex of the baby at the time so we were going neutral for the theme.  I painted the mason jars with chalk paint to compliment  the colors of the flowers I was going to use in the arrangements.


I seem to have an over abundance of Thanksgiving tablescapes.  I guess I just love doing them!

This particular image ↓ has been my most popular one on Pinterest.  I am not sure why but, I generally have people pinning it all year round.  That makes me feel good :).




I created this bouquet for a Facebook ad I did a while ago.  Sorry about the writing all over the image but, this bouquet was popular on Pinterest for a while also.

I made these little guys in the winter, as well.  I love using holiday greens in floral arrangements.



This arrangement was one that I made at an "art-in-bloom" evening I had for some friends a few years ago.  I have since thought it would be fun to do again....once the coronavirus is not a threat anymore.
We had a great time!


Moving into spring now, I have a few fun arrangements to share.  This one was for a wedding tasting for a local wedding venue in my town.  This arrangement was the favorite of the wedding coordinator I worked with.


This was just for fun ↓.  One of my garden club lady friends had given me some forced forsythia and I used it in this design.


An Instagram photo shoot~

Some May Day Baskets




This was a May arrangement made for a special children's garden dedication.  I love the whimsy of this centerpiece.


I don't really remember the order of these events or designs but this was a casual outdoor backyard bridal shower that was so much fun to do!

This was one of the centerpieces I did for the buffet table.  The hostesses loved flowers and had great taste!


A summertime basket of flowers~


A vegetable arrangement with Fourth of July colors in mind 


A mini summer tablescape


I did throw one wedding arrangement into the mix.  People seem to like this arrangement, as well, on Pinterest.  This was for an early September wedding.  


And finally, the tablescape I created last August.  I just kind of like this photo :).

Thank you for letting me indulge in some memories.  Hopefully moving forward I will have the opportunity to create even more!




Joining these Link Parties:




Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment