Decorating the Fire Pit Area for Fall

 Hi Everyone!  How is it going? I honestly cannot believe where the time has gone.  It is already the middle of October!  How can that be?  I am finally finishing up my fall decorating. I am truly ashamed that it has taken me this long.  With Thanksgiving and Christmas fast approaching I thought I would share some of this fall decorating with you while I still had the chance!


Earlier this year I shared with you some of the areas around our house that we used during our state's coronavirus shutdown to give ourselves options as to where to eat our meals, watch the traffic go by, etc.  You can see that post here if you would like.  For some reason, there was one area of our property that missed our notice.  That was that gas fire pit area on the back deck.  Just in the last few weeks this area came to mind and we have enjoyed it immensely ever since. Tom and I have used it for a place to unwind and discuss what has gone on during the day.  It has been fun.

To make the area more inviting and add some visual warmth to it, I have added elements to that space.

One element was to add blankets, which really is a no-brainer but, a necessary one anyway.  Placing the blankets in a basket makes everything tidy and easy for people to find when they feel a little chilly. The gas fire is not quite as warm as a wood one but, at least it can be enjoyed safely on the wooden deck.

I also have enhanced some of the planters that have managed to linger on by adding small pumpkins to them and I have also placed some on the railing of the deck.

I have brought in some new fall flowers like mums.  Unusually shaped pumpkins are some of my favorites, too. 

I found this planter at my local grocery store at a great price and couldn't resist buying it.  The planter looks pretty good in the fire pit area.


Of course, you want to have a beverage while you are sitting around the fire pit.  Mugs filled with cider are a good choice.  I am sure you may have others, as well :).

Maybe add a snack, too!

We have found that it is cold enough in the evening that covering the plastic chairs with an added blanket can be very beneficial.




As you can see, I like to put gourds and small pumpkins around here and there, too :).




Tonight is supposed to be a rainy night so we probably will not be sitting by the fire but, with the upcoming weekend I am sure we will be relaxing and discussing around it at some point.




Happy Weekend, Everybody!!



Sharing at these Link Parties:

2 comments:

  1. Looks so cozy and inviting. Love the throws and of course the pumpkins. Everytime I put out flowers in our yard, the darn squirrels eat them. Thank you for sharing at Love your Creativity. Have a fab week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny you should mention that. I am glad I took my photos when I did. I am having trouble with those rascals, as well. Thanks for stopping by :).

    ReplyDelete