Making A Christmas Entrance

 Hi, there!  I hope all is well with you as we are quickly entering December 2021.  You know how when you tell yourself that you are going to get something accomplished by a certain date and you don't, how exasperated you are with yourself?  Well, that is how I feel about my Christmas decorating.  I told myself it would be done by Thanksgiving, and it was not for various reasons.  But I have managed to get much of it done by today.  So, I thought I would show you my progress when it comes to the entry of my home.

 I have gone with an unusual color scheme on the outside of my house this season.  I am using whites, greys, mints and beiges.  I wanted to try something new.  I am feeling fairly confident but, hope I do not miss the greens and reds of Christmas as time goes on.

I also decided to clear off the front step of my home and make it less cluttered.  This is a difficult thing for me since I am a "more is more" and "more is better" person. However, I am somewhat determined to make things more streamlined this year.  I thought I would also be lessening my workload by doing this but, that really did not happen.  I spent two days on the front step as it turned out :).





I originally wanted to use fresh greens for the design I was making but upon further thought I decided on using faux greens.  They are easier to manipulate and they do not turn brown before the end of the season.  I was lucky to find these garlands at Michael's even though the stock was very, very low.



The supply issue was true for ribbon, as well.  Somehow however, I was able to find what I needed, probably because the color scheme is an unusual one for Christmas.


In the end, I really loved the ribbons I chose.

I was delighted to find these large ornaments at Michael's, also.  I bought them quite haphazardly and was so glad I did.


I felt the whole combination complimented the contemporary light fixtures that adorn the front of my house.


When I was done decorating the sconces I moved onto the front step itself.  Although I was looking for simplicity this season I didn't want it to be overly minimal. 


I used fresh and faux greens here.  I had a big basket in my stash and placed all the "ingredients" in there.  I had some very large pinecones and miscellaneous floral picks to add into the arrangement.  I also added the raccoon you see in the center.  I finished it all off with a big bow made from the three ribbons I had used on the sconce arrangements.


The fur wreaths are something I had in my stash, as well.  I think it all worked together nicely.



All-in-all, I like the look.  I might add a little something to the right side of the front door.  We will see.


Now, onto what you see when you open the door.  I purchased the wall hanging in the hall at a gift shop open house that I went to with my daughter a few weeks ago.  We went with one of her friends and all three of us bought one.  We had women all over the store asking us where we had found them.  It was quite a hit!  The lights on the tree light up with stringed lights on a timer.  It is awesome and so pretty at night.


On the other side of the entrance is this crazy arrangement that I made in a metal basket. I used this and that to fill it.  The crazy arrangement adds a little light to a dark corner of the entry.  I love battery-powered lights.  They are the best!



Finally, I included the sentiment of the season to all who walk into my home.


Next, I hope to show you the shed all decorated for Christmas. My husband has been away on business all week and I need his help to get everything strung with lights and plugged into a power source.  Let's hope we get to that job done, as well as, picking out our Christmas tree this weekend!




***Please note - I have not been compensated in any way for writing this post.

Joining these Link Parties:

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment