Christmas Design at the Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City














My husband, Tom, and I decided to finish the holiday season by going to Quebec City on January 1, 2015.  We had never been to Quebec before but someone had strongly recommended it to Tom some time ago.  So, since we have been wanting to take a road trip for a while, we made reservations at the Chateau Frontenac, the most photographed hotel in the world (we had heard), grabbed our passports and off we went!

For people who love Christmas, this was the best!!! The village looked like something out of an old Christmas fairy tale with beautiful decorations and streets covered in new fallen snow.  It was truly magical and kept us in the Christmas Spirit for a few days longer, which was wonderful.

Our vacation only got better when we arrived at the hotel.  It was still decorated for Christmas and still had the New Year's celebratory buzz.  The grand lobby was lavishly decorated with unusual and gorgeous floral designs.  It was like a dream!



                        As you can see... unusual floral designs










This was a long hallway leading back to the main lobby.  These Christmas trees had been decorated by various organizations.  I'm not sure but, there may have been some sort of competition involved.  Quite lovely.










They were all so beautiful.  It was hard to choose the one I liked                                                    the best.



This was a grand staircase leading up to meeting rooms.  The area was roped off so, I couldn't investigate.


 And to my heart's delight, the hotel had an in-house florist.  I assume it was responsible for most of the designs in the hotel lobby.  As I have said, very exciting and chic!


Now look at this!  Do you remember my post from a few weeks ago where I featured my faux fur wreaths?  Here the wreath was hanging in the window of the hotel gift shop!  I felt very avant garde!

This was another area of the lobby that was stunning.  It too was off limits, however.  I think it was a grand ballroom for weddings.  I can't imagine how long it takes the hotel to decorate all these spaces.



Here is the famous Chateau Frontenac.  If you ever get a chance to stay there or anywhere in Quebec City, I strongly recommend going.  If you love Christmas like I do, you should put this city on your bucket list.  Make sure you dress for arctic temperatures, however.  Even with the cold, you won't be sorry you went.  The people and the scenery are not to be missed!

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment