Fall Accents Around the Home

As I have already said, I love fall decorating...inside and out of my home.  Even in the years I tell myself I am going to skip the harvest decorating and wait until Christmas time, I end up adding touches here and there anyway.

I needed something for the space over my fireplace so, I went to Michael's and purchased this grapevine wreath, then added a few silk flowers and a ribbon.  The wreath was just the right touch for that space!


 I purchased a long wooden trough type of container at a farm stand a few years ago.  I like it a lot and decided to use it on my dining table this year.  The trough really works pretty well in the center of the table since it is a good height for a centerpiece.  Next I filled the cavity of the trough with caramel and pumpkin candles along with Indian corn, imitation pumpkins (they won't rot like the real ones do), walnuts and a fall garland.
More items I have saved over the years.  Just adding them to different areas of the home.



None I these decorations are over-the-top.  It's all about adding fall touches here and there.




Here's a different use for a cookie jar.  More fall color!

My husband made this large three-tiered shelf for me years ago.  I love changing the decorations on it.  It's always fun to display my various seasonal treasures but, for some reason, I have a hard time getting a great photo of the finished product!

I like using various beans to fill glass containers such as this one.  There are many beans available at the grocery store to use to give whatever look you are going for.  I wish I had used a pumpkin candle instead of the cream one.  Pumpkin probably would have looked better but, unfortunately, I used all those candles in the trough!
This yellowed paper "wreath" was something I made at a workshop offered by my garden club.  It's not very big in size but I think it's kind of cool and different.  I always find a place for it in my home in the fall.


Sometimes, it's not necessary to have every fall decoration be orange, yellow and rust.  I really like the use of this blue pottery.  It adds a nice contrast.

So, as you may see, it really doesn't take much to give your home that fall feel.  Just throwing a few guords and mini pumpkins around the house doesn't take much effort but, it might be just what you need to get into that festive fall mood!

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment