$12 Inspiration

Hi Everyone!  How is your summer going?  Mine is going very well.  I have been enjoying family and fun all summer.  I think that is why it has been so long since my last post :).

 Since I have been neglectful to all things "social media" lately,  I needed to get back in the game but, I also needed a little inspiration.  So, where did I go for inspiration?  My local grocery store!  It's a strange choice but, I was in a time crunch situation and I have actually had good luck there in the past~



 It took me two trips to the grocery store's floral department before something finally clicked.  On my first trip I discovered that it was once again gladiola season.  Gladiolas are dramatic by nature with their tall stalks of continual blossoms.  And, they only seem to appear at this time of year in the grocery so, I wanted to take advantage of that.


Still thinking about my Instagram post, I grabbed a bunch of mix-colored gladiolas and a bunch of tropical greens.  That was all I needed for the post but, since the bunches were three for $12 or $5 each I grabbed another bunch of purple statice for good measure.  I wasn't sure what I would do with the statice but, I liked the color combination of the flowers.

 

I will share my Instagram photo with you at the end of this post but, I wanted to share photos of these lovely flowers.  After creating the Instagram post I set to work putting the remaining flowers in a vase.  I was rushed so the arrangement isn't my best but, when I came home after running my errands I was greeted by a large and colorful bouquet of flowers, something my husband and I could enjoy for days.  Not too shabby for 12 bucks!


It got me to thinking how those $12 could brighten the day of someone else.  I need to remember

 that.  Next time, I should make a bouquet for someone else, and in doing so, spread joy in a 

small way.  In reality however, this arrangement was pretty large and difficult to transport easily to

 another location making it hard to put this idea into practice this time around but, I am placing the 

information into my memory banks for the next time I see some beautiful flower combos at the

 grocery store.


 

I was somewhat happy with my Instagram photo but, I truly enjoyed the gladiolas.  Each day a few more flowers would blossom on the stalks and I really liked the purple statice mixed into the arrangement.  These $12 flowers were working their magic.


Since I am hanging onto summer with all my might, I am happy that gladiola season is here.  It kind

 of keeps the summer party going and I like that :).


So what did I end up being inspired to post on Instagram?  I decided to play with flatlay photography.

  I used a single stem of greenery and a single stem of the gladiolas and went with a somewhat

          tropical theme.  It felt like "summer fun" to me and that was what I was going for~

I would love it if you checked me out on Instagram.  I could always use a few more "lookers"!



Hope you are enjoying the weekend!  We only have so many summer ones left so, try to make the 

most of them!

Joining in on the fun at these Link Parties:






Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment