Outdoor Rooms

Creating and enjoying outdoors room is among the things I look forward to the most in the summer.  I find myself making little room vignettes all over the outside of my home, be it on the deck or out in the yard.  This "room" below is the view I see in the morning while eating my breakfast from the screened porch on my deck, another outdoor room I have created for summer enjoyment. 
 

Here you see all the elements of a carefree summer afternoon.


It is a great place to relax, read a book or magazine and sip on a glass of iced tea.
Part of having a great outdoor room is to have lots of color and greenery to view.  I love window box gardens because they offer so much variety and are easier to maintain, except for the watering, than flower bed gardens.

Another key element which is nice to add to an outdoor room is fragrance.  I have two herb window box gardens purely for the joy of sniffy.  Every now and then I use the herbs in cooking but, I just love walking by the garden and smelling the different scents the plants emit.


So, outdoor rooms can be a feast for the senses, if you plan them correctly.  You will enjoy beautiful views from inside and outside your home, smell the flowers and herbs, hear the birds chirping and, of course, enjoy the taste of your iced tea...or any beverage of your choice!

 





Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment