A March Inspired Floral Arrangement

 


Hey, all!  How's it going?  It has been busy here since the last time I checked in.  My mother celebrated her 84th birthday!!  Isn't that something?!  I was happy to be allowed into her assisted living facility to spend that time with her.  Have to grasp onto those moments as best we can, especially since quality time has been so limited during this pandemic.  

As this week has moved on, my creative juices have been flowing and I felt a need to make yet another floral arrangement.  This time, one inspired by the month of March.  I had a vision in my head that included an old soup tureen that sits in my mother's cupboard. For some reason I felt the flowers I planned on using would look especially nice in a container that resembled that old tureen.  Since her house is two hours away from my house, it was more convenient to hunt for something like it at the local consignment shop around the corner rather than driving to her old home. I didn't find a tureen there but, I did find this washing basin.  That is what the shop owner told me it was so, please do not tell me if you know that it had another less refined use :).  Thank you.

I loved the cover but, considering that it was going to be used as a floral container, the cover was somewhat irrelevant.  However, the whole look of the ceramic vessel reminded me of my mother's tureen so, I was happy with my find. 


I kind of liked the handle on the bowl too!  It was a great accent.


Next I set out to prepare the bowl part of my find for flowers.  I took clear waterproof floral tape and created a grid system to hold the flower stems in place.

Next, it was time to start placing the flowers.  I began by placing the three hydrangeas I had in this manner.


Then, I started positioning the alstromeria randomly around the container.  Unfortunately, after taking this photo, I got into the groove of my floral designing and I forgot to take anymore photos.  I apologize.


I can, however, show you the flowers I used and where they ended up!

The Flower Recipe was:

3 White Hydrangeas
8-10 Stems of Yellow/Green Alstromeria
5 Stems of White Large Cushion Mums
6 Stems of Yellow/Green Roses
1 Consignment Shop Ceramic Container with Lid






This photo shows the neat detail on the ceramic bowl.  I thought it was really cool!



The finished product, I have to say, has become one of my favorites.  Of course, I tend to like the messy look for myself.  However, I understand that this look is not for everyone.  Thankfully, this one was going to be just for me :).





I set out to find just the right spot for my new beauty somewhere in my home.  It started out on the counter.  That certainly was not good enough!

Next, I set it out onto a side table in the living room.  Still not the best~







I finally settled on my dining room table and featured the pretty lid next to it.


I was thrilled with the results!

Happy Weekend, Everybody!!


Joining these Link Parties:

Create, Bake, Grow & GatherInspire Me MondayLove Your CreativityDare to Share

Grandma's House Wednesday Link Party

2 comments:

  1. Too funny. I wonder why she thought she couldn't tell you it was a chamber pot? I love the arrangement and I know your Mom must be enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She certainly did not divulge that :). Thank you for the information, nice comments and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete